Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blogging

I was having a conversation with T last night and telling him how much I love to blog. Some of my friends had no idea what I was even talking about when I told them about my blogspot. Many of them enjoy reading my blog, but say I'm crazy and that they would NEVER have the time to do it. Truthfully, I don't have the time either...my time would probably be much better spent mopping the floors or folding another load of laundry, but would it really? What I mean by that is, I think for the first time in many years I have found some "me-time". My friend that also blogs says that it is "free therapy" for her, and I couldn't agree more. This blog has become that for me...it's given me a hobby, one that I enjoy, one that I can do alone, and one that encompasses all the things in my life that bring me joy: family, friends, children.

For me, my blog is like a diary or journal. It's very casual and informal and my entries are from fun & silly to deep and sappy. It's not only a chance for me to chronicle my children growing up, but also I have found that it is a place that I can express my feelings for people in my life. And the amazing thing is usually they return to me with kind words, showing their affection toward me, as well. That is not WHY I do it, but it sure does feel good. I told T that I think my love language is definitely "words of encouragement", because I feel so good when people comment on my blog, tell me they read it, or send me an email in response to a post...

Which brings up my real purpose of this post today: teaching you how to comment on my blog.(This is where all those that already know how to do this can quit reading..) I promise, no pressure to comment at all--that is not why I am doing this. I have had several friends and family tell me that they want to comment and don't know how, or that they tried and it failed. So, I felt a brief tutorial was in need. Here goes:

At the bottom of this post it says in pink:
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:16 am 0 Comments Links
(or it could say "3 posts", depending on how many comments there are)
-Click on the "0 comments" and a page will open up
-On the right side of the new page it will say, "Leave Your Comment"
and you would type in your comment in the box. After you have
said all you want to say, identify yourself to me somehow without
giving your full name.(you can say love, mom or grandmother,
or scott -but no last names--I'll figure it out)
-Once you have finished in the box, under that you will be asked
to choose an identity: The choices are: Google/blogger, Open ID,
Name URL or Anonymous (You choose ANONYMOUS)
-After that it could ask you for a word verification, where you are
given a few letters that you have to type in what you see. Do that
if it asks.
-Then hit "Publish Your Comment" Button
-After you have done that, you should then see your
comment posted on the left side of that page.

I tried to be real simple, so it seems like a lot of steps..but it is really, really easy to do. Again, no pressure to comment. For anyone who just likes to find there way to my spot, read and move on...that is fine too, you are welcome here, friend. And for all my friends and family out there that don't have a blog: What are you waiting for? Find the time for yourself, no matter what you choose to do during that time (blog or not)..I think it is so important.

No comments: