Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oldest of Three


I thought that my first few posts should be about my kids. I thought I would tell you a little about M today. M is our first child, a daughter who is extremely beautiful with brown, curly locks and great big blue eyes. She's a charmer from the first sight of her. Everyone stops us in public to tell us about how "striking" she is...and she is.

M is 7 going on 17 in a hurry. She loves lip gloss, "fashionable" clothes, and Hannah Montanna. M has a heart like no other. She is very caring and compassionate, a mothering type. She does have her moments with her little sister, but for the most part she has such a sweet heart. I remember her helping put on my 95 year old grandmother's slippers: oh, she loved "Granny". She is also a worrier by nature, much like her mother. She worries about health of people she loves, people that are homeless, and so on. Her thinking is much deeper than we usually recognize. She is also growing up faster than I would like for her too.

Oh, how I wish I could keep her young, with those sweet brown sprinkles that cover her nose and that sweet voice that she has right now. But she is aging quicker than I would like...Big teeth are replacing baby ones and the voice is getting more adult sounding. She is becoming more independent every single day and I can't help but wish I could freeze time; to be able to protect the innocence, the youth. Instead I watch her daily grow into the woman she will be and hope all the time that I'm doing my part it guiding her to be all she can be.

Oh, how I love my M. There is nothing quite like a first born.

No comments: