Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What you eat is what you are...

My two girls are not necessarily picky eaters, but they definitely know what they like and what they don't like. Weird enough, they are completely the opposite. J has just begun to eat so who knows how he will be.

M loves vegetables...broccoli, squash, green beans, corn..too many too name. As a matter of fact, she would choose a local home-cooking style restaurant over McDonald's most of the time and she gets a vegetable plate. The only meats she will eat are the highly processed of sorts and the typical "kid foods"...chicken fingers and hot dogs. M is also not a casserole eater. She likes her food all separate...nothing thrown together in a casserole dish with some cream of chicken soup on top, much to my disappointment because casseroles are so easy to make AND CLEAN up. I love those one dish suppers, but M doesn't. I have to have every pot and pan I have used to give her a good meal.

K, on the other hand, steers clear of anything green for the most part, unless it is disguised with the cream of chicken soup, that is. She is definitely my meat and potato eater. She loves steak, grilled chicken and will eat just about any casserole you put in front of her. As a matter of fact, the other night she tried and loved grilled pork chops. The next day she came into me at lunchtime and said, "Mommy, can I have some more of those chop-sticks that I had last night?" It took me a minute to figure out she was talking about pork chops!

I wonder what kind of eater J will be. So far, it's anything that is being fed to him. His favorite, by far, is bananas. Sweet potatoes are a close behind that. With the amount of teeth he has, he'll be eating table food before long! I love the Cheerio stage and that's almost here, as soon as he gets that pincer grasp down. A tray of Cheerios on a Saturday morning will give you a good 20 more minutes of sleep!

No comments: