Monday, January 26, 2009

A Mother's Worst Fear

My best friend and I often discuss our worst fear is that something would happen to one of our children. I know it is pointless to worry because we know that God is in control, but as a mom it is hard not to. My friend has had several good friends in her town struck with bad news lately of sick children. Her, along with my own, heart breaks for these families, these moms, these children. We know all too well how devastating it would be to find out one of our children was extremely ill.

The latest news she has received is of a close friend's seven year old little boy, Brennan, that has just been diagnosed with leukemia. The news comes as an obvious blow to that family and all of their friends. During the course of the next few days they will test to see if it has entered his spine, along with testing his siblings to see if anyone is a match for his bone marrow. They have a long road ahead of them with chemotherapy, illness, discomfort and sadness.

Would you join me in praying for Brennan and his family? I realize that you, along with me, do not know this boy or his family, but I feel I can do my part by praying for them during my quiet time, just as I pray for my own children. I have personally witnessed the camaraderie of Christians here in the blogosphere and I know that the power of prayer works. I also know our great God is still in the business of performing miracles. I also know that he can comfort those that need comforting in a time of sorrow. So, if you would, say a little prayer for this sweet, young boy and his family this week as you thank God for the health of your loved ones.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Sissy and I will add Brennan to our prayers.