Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can't EVEN think of a title for this post!!

Last week, in fact, did turn out to be a great week and I was so relieved that I didn't "jinx" myself with my last post. To follow that week up with a long weekend was divine. Today, it is back to the grind with work, laundry, dishes, homework, dinners, baths and bedtimes, but after re-charging my battery, I feel ready to take it on.

I have to admit, this week isn't looking quite as promising for getting ahead and having extra time. First of all, we started off our week on Sunday by calling Poison Control (Again) because J decided it would be good to eat a small chunk of my Lady's Speed Stick deodorant. Luckily, there was no real threat of danger and he didn't seem to have any effects from eating it. Today, I have wasted most of my day watching the news and all the inauguration festivities because I didn't want to miss such a historical moment for our country (and I didn't want to miss Aretha Franklin singing....What was up with THAT HAT!?...Only Aretha can pull off a bow bigger than her head)

So, after watching history take place and the true American Dream being lived out, I have the household chores to tackle this afternoon. But in the words of our new and 44th President, "....challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, (America)-they will be met..." I can relate this to even my work here at home , so in MY words....I'll get it done, but it ain't gonna be easy!

(Better stop blogging and get it done!)

No comments: