Thursday, January 8, 2009

K Update/Determined Boy

K's doctor's appointment didn't go exactly the way I had hoped. I had taken the time to write down everything before we went and had planned out in my head how the conversation/appointment to go. Anytime you have expectations, you usually get disappointed with the outcome. Our pediatrician never gives me the "warm and fuzzies", which is fine, however, I would have liked a little more time talking rather than feeling like I was being rushed. Basically, she suggested that we see a pediatric gastroenterologist. Probably a good idea, but now I am just thinking, "Did I make a mountain out of a mole hill?," and I'm going to find out that my child is just constipated!? I'm just second guessing myself now, thinking I tend to be way too overprotected of her and worry most about her because she is my "sweet one"....I mean, really, she is an angel child. I will investigate a little more, but at the same time I am going to try to be level headed about it.

On a different note,(AND COMPLETELY RANDOM) I was shocked, and somewhat amused to be honest, about the six year old little boy in Virginia that drove himself to school after he had missed the bus! First of all, I thought, "Wow, I wish my kids were that motivated to go to school." Second, I can so see that about boys....sheer determination (even though mine is only 15 mths). Lastly, he apparently told the police that he had learned to drive from playing GRAND THEFT AUTO and MONSTER TRUCK video games, and that lead me to think (after we have spent hours playing the new Wii) that all my kids are learning is how to bowl or ride a cow and knock down scarecrows!

I can see that 6 year old right now...cruisin' in the Taurus, hat on side-ways, windows down, music cranked up, with his gangsta lean on!

No comments: