Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Insult to Injury

I don't mean to keep harping on my bad weekend, BUT I forgot one of the worst things that happened to me in my previous post.

Remember now, my 35th birthday was on Friday, right? Well, TWO different people this weekend (my brother's friends) asked when I was introduced as his sister, "Who is older?" W...H...A...T..!!!??? Just to let EVERYONE know out there, I am NINE (9), let me repeat, NINE years younger than my brother, S. I even took special care before I left for the weekend to color my graying hair! I mean, he was probably in the 4th grade when I was born. I was only 9 when he left for COLLEGE. I was going through puberty when he was getting married. I had just gotten my driver's license when he had his first child. He had FOUR children before I got married! Again, I say..WHAAAT!!????

OK. Had to get that off my chest. I feel better, now.

1 comment:

Joni said...

That's just wrong. I feel your pain.

I am taken down a notch every time one of my students says yes ma'am to me. While I appreciate their nice manners, I am astounded EVERY time because in my warped brain I still feel the same age as them.