Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cheeseburgers and Fries=Belly Fat

click to comment

K likes to play pretend drive up. This is where she gets out her little cash register and her play food and she speaks in her microphone, "Welcome to ----. May I help you?" For some weird reason, she especially likes to play this when I am in the tub. Instead of what could be a nice, relaxing time for me is spent playing drive up window.

The other day we were playing "Drive Up" and she kept changing the restaurant name. ..."Welcome to Wendy's. May I help you?.....Welcome to McDonalds. May I help you?" and so on. She ran through the entire fast food chains that I know about! After having enough, I said, "You know, K..I think I don't need any more fast food. I'm getting a little fat." She looked right down at my belly and then looked up at my face and said, "Well, Mommy, let's just PRETEND."

I think I myself have been "pretending" long enough. Time to shed some lb's. Anybody have any ideas on how to lose it in 2 weeks before I have to go to the pool with my kids? Oh I wish I had a magic wand!

I love my little girl, despite her indirect criticism. She doesn't care what I look like in a bathing suit at the pool, afterall. All she really cares about is pretending she works at McDonalds and playing with her Mommy. I hope this doesn't indicate what her future employment might look like. (I couldn't resist putting the song "McDonald's Girl" by Weird Al on my playlist!)

No comments: