Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something to Ponder

What have I missed?? My hard drive crashed and I have been without a computer for a few days. Fortunately, they were able to save all of my stuff! Whew! Anyway, not having a computer for a couple of days was paralyzing. I couldn't read my favorite blogs, couldn't do a quick google reference, and most importantly, couldn't work. Whoever once said, "you don't miss it until it's gone," was so very true, however, I don't think that person was referring the the world wide web.

Seriously, think about it...we have everything literally at the tips of our fingers. It's almost too convenient, too easy. It's no wonder that we have become so lazy. I mean, why call a friend when you could just text them? Why go out and fight crowds at the mall, when you can just sit in your pj's and order all your Christmas presents? You can even find a partner on the Internet...who needs good old fashioned courting? Mmmmmm...says something about our generation, doesn't it? Just imagine what our children's generation will be like.

Oh, but it's so good to have a computer again!! What did I ever do without one?

No comments: