Friday, December 12, 2008

He's Out of Control

You would think the combination of these things would be dangerous, wouldn't you?





My boy is a mess. At only 14 months old, he is giving me a run for my money! He completely wears me out. He is into absolutely anything and everything!

A few weeks ago, he managed to open up our linen closet and get out the plunger. I found him with it on HIS FACE!

About a month ago, I had to call the poison control center because I found him with my container of Burt's Bees Hand Salve, the top off, and it all over his hands and mouth. My husband's first reaction was, "It's all natural, so it can't hurt him." I thought about that for a second and then said, "T, there are lots of plants and berries that are poisonous so that just doesn't make sense!" I mean, I think arsenic is found naturally in the Earth's crust, so the "All Natural" thing just didn't add up. After a phone call, Poison Control did confirm that I had nothing to worry about, but he would have very soft lips for a while.

Yesterday, as I was helping the girls on the computer, he got a glass ornament of the tree and crushed it in his little hands. As I was brushing off the colored glass from his hands I heard a loud...CRUNCHHH. He had gotten a piece in his mouth and chewed it! I did manage to then get it out of his mouth before he swallowed any (I think).

About 5 minutes after the glass ball incident, someone forgot and left the door open to down the hallway. I went looking for him (I swear only about 20 seconds had passed) and found him with his hands in the toilet water splashing it all around.

I am a worrier by nature. I always think and worry about horrible things that can hurt my children, and even though I know God is in control and shouldn't worry so much, I do. I struggle with this issue every day. It's almost laughable that God gave me this little boy that eats glass and hand salve and plays in germ infested toilet water! I know he didn't give me this little boy on accident, and even though you would think that I would worry MORE...I think I am actually worrying less.

No comments: