Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sibling Rivalry

M and K are always antagonizing each other. It truly is sibling rivalry at it's best around my house. K is finally learning to stand up to her big sister and although, maybe not right, sometimes T and I sit back and watch arguments and fights between them unfold just to see what little K will do in defense. I must admit, she has gotten rather good these days at defending herself and it's funny to watch.

Last night after getting the two girls out of the bathtub, an argument arose between the 2 of them. Most of it was really just "funning" around with the other, but as always it usually ends up with someone hurt, or feelings hurt at the least, and this was no different.

After "fighting", "arguing", "funning (for lack of a better word) around" with each other, I finally put an end to it. I then told M to apologize and tell her sister that she loved her. She apologized and that was it. So I encouraged her to let her sister know that she loved her. She then responded, "Love. I hate love! That stuff is just for Mommys and Daddys!"

Well, at the very least, we must really show the kids how very much we love each other as husband and wife.

No comments: