Thursday, September 25, 2008

No Elderly Fish Allowed!

M found a coupon for a free goldfish the other day and ever since she has been pestering me to go to the pet store to redeem it.

We have never been very successful with goldfish. I think we have had three or four and none of them has lasted more than a couple of weeks. The last one, I think stayed alive maybe about 3 or 4 days. I think a large reason that we couldn't keep one alive is the fact that M was so young that she would stick the little net in the bowl, get out the fish, hold it a minute and then plop it back in the bowl. I don't think she was quite old enough to grasp the fact that a goldfish is not exactly the type of pet you can hold, stroke, and love.

Never the less, here we are, probably about to enbark on another goldfish adventure. We will see how long it last. The funny thing is, when M was telling me to go to the store to get her fish, she said to me, "Mom, make sure that you tell the man that we want a new fish, not an old fish. I'm pretty sure that last time he gave us an old fish that was just 3 days away from dying."

She obviously holds no guilt for killing a few goldfish in the past, because she says it's not our fault at all.....we OBVIOUSLY just had an "old fish."

I assured her that I would indeed ask for a young and new fish when I went......Hilarious!!!

No comments: