Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Kiss



They grow up too fast. Plain and simple. While I feel like I am on auto pilot most days, I think my kids are on fast forward. My sweet K, who is in kindergarten this year, proved my theory correct the other day.

When the kids got into my car after school they were saying, "Teller kissed K! Teller kissed K!" K had a sheepish grin on her face, but held her chin low as so not to make real eye contact with me. Later that night my husband and I questioned her about THE KISS. We asked, "In the mouth?" K replied, "Ugh, No. ON the mouth." Ok, good. I think I asked that wrong in the first place. Good to know it wasn't IN the mouth, just ON. I then asked, "You didn't like it did you?" She looked at her Daddy looking at her and she shook her head No. With that her Daddy gave her a big hug. She looked at me while peering over his shoulder, still in the embrace, and with a huge grin she mouthed to me, "I really did though".

Fast forward I tell ya. Could someone grab that remote and put us in slow motion for just a while? Mainly so that her Daddy can have time to get prepared!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely too fast!

What's with the picture? Boy? Girl? Boy with girl's suit, girl with boy's? I am confused.

M

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, we heard Ty's heart breaking all the way over here!

elizabeth said...

M-crazy enough I didn't even really notice the bathing suit thing. I should probably be more careful. Not sure what's going on there. Hmmmm.

Michelle-Too funny. Watch out it might be your J that ends up breaking hearts over here!:-)

Mom of Eleven said...

Oh no, oh well, at least you documented the first one!
w