Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tag

My friend over at jonisjoy tagged me with a list of questions. Hers is so much fun to read. Mine won't compare, as I am not nearly as witty as she. Here goes:

WHAT WAS I DOING 10 YEARS AGO

-I, like Joni, was also a "DINK", as she says, and I'm glad she has introduced me to this acronym which means, "Double Income No Kids". What in the world did we do with all that money??
-I was celebrating my 1st anniversary, living in a rental house, and had just finished my first year teaching...32 5th graders in my classroom! (what a hard and LONG year that was)
-I was enjoying my summer by the pool reading books, and for the life of me I can't remember how I spent my time (as well as my money) pre-kids.

FAVORITE SNACKS

-Peanuts/chips, or anything salty. I'm not so much on sweet foods.

TO DO LIST

-Get oldest daughter's hair cut so that her ringlets don't form into dread locks!(I am SO NOT kidding here)
-Buy school supplies
-Get my son and husband baptized this Sunday at church
-Register girls for ballet class.
-Process tons of files (this is an every day thing)
-Put away clean clothes that have been folded in the laundry basket for over a week.
-Try my best to catch up on laundry, period.
-Get organized.

JOBS I HAVE HAD

-(This is REALLY pitiful...) The first job I got I was hired at a local Goody's store, only because my father knew someone because I had never even gone to an interview. My first day of work, I overslept and didn't show up. I didn't have that job anymore...even before I even worked there! Again, so pitiful.
-Later in high school I worked at a local Doll Shop...BORING!
-My profession...Teacher. I taught at an underprivileged school for several years after graduation. I taught 4th and 5th graders. HUMBLING! (They will tell you "like it is!")
-Business Owner. I started my own business from home...I process bankruptcies for a local attorney firm. I have my own LLC and I can do my work in my pj's if I want to.

PLACES I HAVE LIVED

-North Georgia
-South Georgia (Statesboro)
(How sad is that??)....Guess I'm just a Georgia Girl!

BAD HABITS

Well, as so not to incriminate myself I will tell you my "good"/BAD habits:

-Not putting things back in there place.(I am not the most organized person)
-Not using my time efficiently...I am such a procrastinator, plus I like to do things that interest me, not things that don't....like laundry and other household chores.
-Losing my "cool". I sometimes raise my voice and yell, perhaps getting into a battle with my children, when I know that I shouldn't.

5 RANDOM THINGS PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

Honestly, this is the hardest question on here, mainly because I think I am an open book. What you see is what you get....so, I'm kind of at a loss here. Also, I struggled with this when I wrote my 100th post, so see that if you really want to know completely random things about me.

-I took piano lessons for at least 7 years and I still can't read music well (without saying in my head, "F.A.C.E. or All Cows Eat Grass...), although I can play by ear pretty good.
-I don't have very good rythym....NOT a good dancer!

CD'S I WOULD WANT IF STRANDED ON AN ISLAND

-I am a huge instrumental, classical kind of person (especially piano)..anything that makes me feel good.
-Anything by Alison Krauss because she has such an angelic voice that soothes my soul.
-I'm a sucker for good ole' country music because I can relate to the songs..they tell a story and I love it!

WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WAS A BILLIONAIRE

In no particular order:
-I would do is build a new house with plenty of closet space!!! I am seriously outgrowing my 60's style ranch house.
- I would put aside money for each of my children
- I would make sure all of my family members had what they needed and were financially secure.
-I would give money to the church. Probably most of the money would go to my brother and his church. He is doing a Presbyterian church plant in Boone, NC. He and his church could use the money to help them and people would be blessed by him and his ministry/preaching for many years to come.
-I would carefully consider adopting or fostering (although, I can barely manage the 3 that I have )
-I would travel with my children all over the world.

"That's All Folks" Now...I am supposed to tag a few other people, but since practically every blogger that reads my blog has already been tagged, I can only tag one person...BrewCrewFive your next (if you haven't already been tagged).

3 comments:

Mom of Eleven said...

E,
Crazy enough, I knew most of this about you. I miss you these days. We will be out of town Sunday, but I wanted you to know I am so happy for J and T. How precious will that be? I wish we didn't have to miss it, but will be praying for a special time.
wendy

Cheryl Nichols said...

Fun post! I enjoyed reading. I can so relate to the laundry basket pile, but grateful it's at least in the basket. Cheryl

Joni said...

That's exciting about the baptisms! If you hear cheering from the balcony, know that it is me. : )