Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Break



I am a little behind posting this and I have no excuse except that it's really chilly here and I would prefer to stay on the sofa curled up in my Snuggie rather than doing my work or chores around the house. But the world keeps turning and apparently 4 people that live with me need my assistance with keeping their world turning as well so I oblige.

It was nice to have a Fall Break a couple of weeks ago with the kids out of school and my hubby off work. We took a little trip to the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee aka PCB of the high country. Literally, there was something on every corner and in every crevice of that place. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are filled with places to spend plenty of money on all sorts of things from Daniel Boone caps to Indian headdresses, a magnet for just about anything you can think of to a Dolly sucker. I am not even teasing about the later. There was actually a sucker made out of white chocolate of Dolly Parton from the chest up. I'll leave that to your imagination, rather than explaining further.

Our friend M and her daughter HR went along on our adventure to the mountains. It was so nice to have a playmate for my girls and it was even nicer to have 2 Moms on vacation. I've always needed another Mom around to help. I lived my dream for 3 days.

There is so much there to do in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg that it's hard to decide what to actually do. Do we go to the comedy barn, which looks like Hee-Haw made over, do we go see part monkey/part fish at Ripley's Believe It Or Not, or do we choose to eat giant turkey legs while watching a lot of horses run around at the Dixie Stampede? Decisions, decisions. We chose Dollywood for a day which proved to be very nice. We rode a lot of rides, some of them riding more than once. It wasn't crowded and the weather was nice. Some of the roller coasters were the best that I have ever ridden!












On our second day there we just strolled downtown Gatlinburg taking our time going in and out of stores and finally making our way to Ripley's Believe It Or Not. That place had me hook line and sinker when I saw the mannequin boy with the horn coming out of the back of his head going up and down on a rope. I just had to see more. And I could have spent all day looking in the funny mirror in that place. That was hysterical and in some angles very nice. By the way, I look pretty good at 6 foot and 90 pounds.





We also just had some good times at our cabin. The scenery was nice, the hot tub was relaxing and the game room was fun. Oh, and the beds there were so very comfortable and cozy.




It was a nice trip and a great opportunity to get away from it all.

Oh, and apparently my kids are much smaller in the mountains than they are here....BELIEVE IT.....OR NOT!







No comments: