Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sensei T

Big sisters can be so mean sometimes. The other night, apparently, M had been telling her little sister, K, about burglars. As I tucked K in bed, she informed me that she was scared of burglars. She asked if we had burglars in our town. I somewhat dodged the question, so as not to add to her fears, and so I told her that God would protect her and so would her daddy. She seemed comforted enough, so I turned out the lights, gave her a kiss, and was leaving her room when she said, " Mommy?"

me:"Yes, honey?"

K:"Does Daddy know Karate moves?"

me:Smile, giggle...."Yep, he sure does. You have nothing to worry about, I promise."

I know it's wrong to lie, but sometimes you just have to go along with it because it's so darn cute! Especially when they think their Daddy is a strong, karate master, "can do anything" kind of guy. I love it that they see their dad so strong and mighty...and he IS, even IF he doesn't know "karate moves."

No comments: