Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday!

All day today I have been trying to figure this one out: How is it that the 8 years of high school and college go by so slow yet the past 8 years have flown by at bullet speed? (Well, I'm actually not going to even pretend that it only took me 4 years to get out of college, because, well, it didn't...but just for conversation sake we will pretend that it did). Seriously, why does time go by faster the older you get?

The reason for all my confusion today is this: My first baby is 8 years old today. EIGHT! And the time has past by so very quickly.

I remember the first few weeks, even months, of her coming into our life just wishing it away..."Boy, I wish she would sleep through the night....Man, I can't wait until she can tell me what is wrong..." And now, I sit today and wish I had her back as a teeny tiny newborn who only depended on me.

I just sit in disbelief that my girl has gotten so big so quickly.

She had me from the beginning, with her great big eyes, black eyelashes and the most adorable curly ringlets that adorned her porcelain skin and round face.

M, my sweet girl, you have brought me so much joy and I love you more than I could ever tell you. Thank you for being you, my precious daughter. I love you. Happy Birthday.











3 comments:

Mom of Eleven said...

Wow, I remember hosting a baby shower for her. I must say it does not seem like 8 years ago, maybe 5 at the most. She is beautiful and I know you all are so proud.
Wendy

Joni said...

What a beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

The combination of past pictures, perfect song, and your love for M is something she will cherish forever. I too am amazed at how time passes so quickly. I love every moment I have spent with our M and look forward to many more. Thanks for allowing me to be involved in the process.

M