Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Flower Girls and Dancing Divas

I love seeing the personalities of my children develop. It's equally as satisfying to see how different their personalities are from one another. I really saw this during the past weekend as they participated as flower girls in their cousin's wedding. The weekend was jammed packed full of events and social gatherings with many people they had never met, or family that they have only seen a handful of times. I had no idea how they would handle those situations, much less how they would handle walking down an aisle with hundreds of eyes on them. They did great..fantastic in fact.

M's personality really showed the day of the wedding. All dressed up in white and flowers in her ringlet hair, she was cutting up laughing and doing "magic tricks" for the bride and the bridesmaid in a tiny room as they waited for wedding time. She didn't show an ounce of shyness, as a matter of fact quite outgoing. After the actual ceremony the bridesmaids were sitting on the first pew of the church and M walked past them all and gave them high-fives, as if her "team" had won a ballgame. At the reception, I couldn't find her and then I saw her in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by all the bridesmaids and bride dancing. She partied hard with them that night and loved every minute of it.

K, was not as outgoing, but she was very polite and sweet (AS ALWAYS!). Every time I glanced at her, her beauty just floored me. She is such a striking little girl. K tends to be a little shy, but this weekend she wasn't. When someone asked her something, she answered loud enough for them to hear and held her head up proud. (Man, I sure was proud) She is gracious and kind, always remembering to say "please" and "thank you".

It was a fun weekend. Weddings are special and even more special when you can be a part of them. I am sure that M & K will now start planning their own weddings. I guess their Dad and I better start saving now.

Here are a few pictures of my little flower girls.










And here is M with a new bridesmaid "friend"(Y&the R star) and another celeb that you might recognize from the movies. (I have removed their names because I have gotten SO MUCH traffic on my website from putting their names on here and that was a little scary)

2 comments:

Keri said...

WOW! Tell M that I'm jealous that she is friends with a famous actress!! And, even better, my favorite tv show!

They're both beautiful girls - and flower girl dresses are the BEST! Almost makes me wish Sissy could be in a wedding twice a year just so I could justify buying a dress like that for each season!

elizabeth said...

The great news is that I didn't have to buy them at all. The gracious and loving bride's family paid for them as well as the bridesmaids dresses!